Dental Implants in Selinsgrove
Start Smiling with Confidence
Throughout the course of your life, you could be faced with disease, accidents and extractions that impact your smile. However, modern dentistry techniques have shown implants to be an innovative way to replace damaged or decayed teeth. The implant process begins with an artificial tooth root being placed into your jaw.
The Dental Implant Process
Our dentists will then follow up by placing an implant that looks like your natural tooth. Additionally, this implant will prevent misalignment issues down the road. Implants are popular because they function like a natural tooth without the hassle of wearing dentures or partial plates. Start smiling again with dental implants from Selinsgrove Dental & Dentures.
Advantages of Dental Implants
1. Better appearance: Similar to your natural teeth, dental implants will be placed in the gum, which will make them appear more realistic and natural-looking in comparison to other alternatives.
2. Less bone loss: When you lose a permanent tooth or have one extracted, a hollow space will be left in your mouth where the tooth once was. If an implant is added to that space, it will help to stabilize the gum and reduce bone loss or resorption.
3. More secure: Unlike other alternatives, dental implants are permanently attached to your mouth with special screws that keep them in place. Implants can also stabilize bridges and dentures.
4. Preserve natural tooth structure: Implants will not compromise other teeth.
5. Durable: Studies have shown dental implants to last upward of 20 years or more. Dentures may need to be replaced after 5-7 years.
Additional Information about Dental Bridges and Implants
Dental bridges provide a way to maintain the connection between one or two teeth that have been replaced or removed. For this procedure, a dentist may need to remove teeth or trim them down in order for the bridge to be fastened and a crown installed. This procedure will not have a negative impact on other teeth. Dental implants can be costly, but adding a bridge allows for you to replace several missing teeth instead of replacing individual teeth. Mini implants are a popular alternative that also support a denture.
Visit Our Office Today
Our dentists at Selinsgrove Dental & Dentures are trained to examine your teeth and gums in order to determine options best suited to your situation. Contact our office today to schedule an appointment to discuss dental bridges or implants.