Denture Care FAQs
How Should I Care for My Dentures?
- Daily brushing with a large toothbrush will help keep the dentures in excellent condition.
- Care for the remaining teeth is essential to keep a partial denture fitting well. Your partial will only be as good as your natural teeth. If your natural teeth are neglected, your partial will not fit.
- Repair spots that show signs of failure. It is easier to fix a small problem, so if you notice your denture breaking down, it should be repaired immediately.
- Do not wear your dentures at night. The gums need a chance to breathe, and when you wear dentures at night, it could lead to swelling and inflammation.
- Wear your dentures. People who go for long periods of time without wearing their dentures will find that they often do not fit as well. Your gums change shape, teeth may move, and your tongue gets larger over time.
- Let us adjust them when needed. Your dentures should fit comfortably and work reasonably well. If you have any concerns, contact our office.